A space probe is descending vertically towards the surface of Mars to make a soft landing. At the instant shown (see diagram), when the probe is 400 m vertically above the surface, its speed is 40m/s. At this instant a metal object separates from the bottom of the space probe and falls freely...
what is the concept of temperature in vaccum?
A piece of aluminum (specific heat 0.910 kJ/kg 0C) of mass 175 g at 74 0 C is dropped into a Styrofoam cup filled with 183 ml water at 20 0 C. What are the final temperatures of the water and the aluminum?
A 20.0 ball is fired horizontally with initial speed toward a 110 ball that is hanging motionless from a 1.00 -long string. The balls undergo a head-on, perfectly elastic collision, after which the 110 ball swings out to a maximum angle = 51.0.
What is the minimum coefficient of friction required to maintain pure rolling motion for a disk down an inclined plane with an angle of 20.1 degrees?
a man is traveling
i need to find a nonlinear relationship for a homemade yoyo, like changing the mass distribution, or inertia or something, and also measure the other variable, like acceleration, velocity? i cant seem to find a nonlinear relationship
A 60 kg man was bungee jumping and reached a speed of 30 m/s just before the cord began to stretch. Assume that the cord is a spring with K = 40 N/m, what is the maximum stretch in the cord (beyond its un-stretched length)
A 0.149 glider is moving to the right on a frictionless, horizontal air track with a speed of 0.840 . It has a head-on collision with a 0.303 glider that is moving to the left with a speed of 2.29 . Suppose the collision is elastic. [2:45:00 PM] Megha Shakya: Find the magnitude of the final...
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas