A block of mass m1 = 1 kg rests on a table with which it has a coefficient of friction = 0.62. A string attached to the block passes over a pulley to a block of mass m3 = 3 kg. The pulley is a uniform disk of mass m2 = 0.5 kg and radius 15 cm. As the mass m3 falls, the string does not slip on...
Two identical balls are connected to two identical strings (see attached drawing). The arrangement is held by the free end of string A and whirled around in a horizontal circle with the strings nearly parallel to the floor. As the balls are whirled at constant speeds which of the following occur;...
A constant magnetic field of magnitude 3.00 T is directed along the +y axis. The length of each rod is L = 1.3 m, and the speeds are the same, vA = vB = vC = 2.2 m/s. For each rod, find the magnitude of the motional emf, and indicate which end (1 or 2) of the rod is positive.
two face each other louder speakers, f=160HZ, and one drivers twice power. A woman is a the midpoint between speakers, what is the maximum intensity and minimum intensity?
2 point charges, +3.40 microcoulombs and -6.10 microcoulombs, are separated by 2.0 m. What is the electric potential midway between them?
what is cccc meson
what is cccc
a vertical force of 10 lb is applied to the ends of the cord AB and spring AC. If the springs hasan unstretched length of 2 ft, determine the angle for equilibrium.
4. You push your book 1.50m across a horizontal tabletop with a horizontal push of 2.40N while the opposing force of friction is 0.600N.
explain why current is not a vector though it seems to posses a direction?
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas