An AC power generator produces 52 A (rms) at 3600 V. The voltage is stepped up to 100,000 V by an ideal transformer, and the energy is transmitted through a long-distance power line that has a resistance of 100 . What percentage of the power delivered by the generator is dissipated as heat in the...
Eighteen-gauge wire has a diameter of 1.024 mm. Calculate the resistance of 17 m of 18 gauge platinum wire at 20 C.
A small rectangular loop of wire is located close to a long straight wire initially carrying a current I = 114 A (see figure below). Find the average emf induced in the loop if the current in the wire reverses direction in a time interval of 1 131 s. magnitude 1 direction 2 ---Select---...
One of the harmonics of a column of air open at one end and closed at the other has a frequency of 448 Hz and the next higher harmonic has a frequency of 576 Hz. How long is the air column ?
physics question : bow string held by 200n of force bisected in the middle by the arrow. Dividing the string into T1 & T2, what do I do to explian the scale used to determine the tension and show my work ?
A string is wrapped around a disk of mass m = 2.2 kg and radius R = 0.12 m. Starting from rest, you pull the string with a constant force F = 6 N along a nearly frictionless surface. At the instant when the center of the disk has moved a distance x = 0.13 m, a length d = 0.34 m of string has...
A photon is released from a hydrogen atom when an electron moves from a higher energy level to a level with lower energy. At what level does an electron begin its journey to the level n=1 if the emitted photon has a wavelength of 1.22 X 10-7m?
Suppose you are 70 cm from a plane mirror. What area of the mirror is used to reflect the rays entering one eye from a point on the tip of your nose if your pupil diameter is 5.7 mm?
two identical piano wires have a fundamental frepuency of 600Hz when kept under the same tesion. What fractional increase in the tension of one wire lead to the occurrence of 6 beats/s when both wires oscillate simultaneously?
Your swimming pool is square and 3.3 m on a side. It is 3.4 m deep in the morning. If the temperature changes by 42 C during the afternoon, how much does the depth of the water increase?
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas