A 65.0 kg person, standing on a diving board, dives straight down into the water. Just before striking the water, her speed is 5.80 m/s. At a time of 1.75 s after she enters the water, her speed is reduced to 1.10 m/s. What is the net average force (magnitude and direction) that acts on her when...
The car in the figure is moving to the left at 35
A 32%-efficient electric power plant produces 900 of electric power and discharges waste heat into 20C ocean water. Suppose the waste heat could be used to heat homes during the winter instead of being discharged into the ocean. A typical American house requires an average 20 kW for heating. How...
Three long parallel conductors each carry a current of I = 2.0 A. Figure http://www.bluemelon.com/photo/16392/661695.jpg is an end view of the conductors, with each current coming out of the page. Taking a = 1.0 cm, determine the magnitude of and direction of the magnetic field at a and...
A chair of weight 145 N lies atop a horizontal floor; the floor is not frictionless. You push on the chair with a force of F = 45.0 N directed at an angle of 38.0 degrees below the horizontal and the chair slides along the floor. Using Newton's laws, calculate n, the magnitude of the normal...
A well insulated copper tank of mass 13 kg. contains 4 kg. of liquid water. Initially, the temperature of the copper is 27 C and the temperature of the water is 50C . An electrical resistor of neglible mass transfers 100 kJ of energy to the contents of the tank. The tank and its...
A plastic box has an initial volume of 2.00 m3. It is then submerged below the surface of a liquid and its volume decreases to 1.96 m3. What is the volume strain on the box
The earth's magnetic field can affect the electron beam in an oscilloscope or a television tube. An electron that has been accelerated through a potential difference of 2.26 104 V has a horizontal initial velocity, directed north. Find the magnetic force on the electron when the...
A square coil (20.0cm*20.0cm) that consists of 100 turns of wire rotates about a vertical axis at 1500 rev/min. The horizontal component of the Earth's magnetic field at the location of the coil is 0.00002 T. CALCULATE THE MAXIMUM EMF INDUCED IN THE COIL BY THIS FIELD.
calculate the potential energy of humpty dumpty sitting on top of a 5 m wall. humpty has a mass of 25 kg
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas