A jogger travels a route that has two parts. The first is a displacement of 2.50 km due south, and the second involves a displacement that points due east. (a) The resultant displacement has a magnitude of 3.75 km. What is the magnitude of , and what is the direction of relative to due...
The period of oscillation of an object in an ideal spring-and-mass system is 0.53 s and the amplitude is 4.7 cm. What is the speed at the equilibrium point?
A dielectric-filled parallel-plate capacitor has plate area = 10.0 , plate separation = 8.00 and dielectric constant = 4.00. The capacitor is connected to a battery that creates a constant voltage = 7.50 . Throughout the problem, use = 8.85 10 12 .1.Find the energy of the...
What mass of steam at 100 C must be mixed with 155 g of ice at its melting point, in a thermally insulated container, to produce liquid water at 55 C?
treating atoms as rigid sheres with radii equal to one-half the distance between nearest neighbors find the ratio of the volume occupied by the atoms to the total available volume in the various crystal structures: a-simle-cubic b-body-centered c-face-centered cubic d-diamond...
Red light of wavelength 644 nm, from a point source, passes through two parallel and narrow slits which are 1.00 mm apart. Determine the distance between the central bright fringe and the third dark interference fringe formed on a screen parallel to the plane of the slits and 1.00 m away.
a neutron star rotates at 1 rev/s. if such a star has a radius of 20km, what must be its minimum mass so that the material on its surface remains in place during the rapid motion
body is suspended vertically from an ideal spring of spring constant 2.5 N/m. The spring is initially in its relaxed position. The body is then released and oscillates about its equilibrium position. The motion is described by the following equation. y = (4.5 cm) sin [(0.73 rad/s)t] What is the...
When 226/88 Ra decays by emitting an alpha particle, what is the atomic number of the resulting nucleus? What is the resulting atomic mass? ...
Four 8.0 kg spheres are located at the corners of a square of side 0.58 m. Calculate the magnitude and direction of the gravitational force exerted on one sphere by the other three.
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas