A proton moves at 2.7 10^6 m/s horizontally at a right angle to a magnetic field. The acceleration of gravity is 9.81 m/s2. What is the strength of the magnetic field required to exactly balance the weight of the proton and keep it moving horizontally? Answer in units of T
This time, the swing bar of mass m_bar is pivoted at a different point, as shown in the figure.
What mass (in grams) of steam at 100 C must be mixed with 458 g of ice at its melting point, in a thermally insulated container, to produce liquid water at 65.0 C? The specific heat of water is 4186 J/kg K. The latent heat of fusion is 333 kJ/kg, and the latent heat of vaporization is 2256 kJ/kg.
If the weight hang on the femur is 5 kilograms, find the force needed to immobilize the femur.
the flux of the electric field(24N/C)
Two oppositely charged but otherwise identical conducting plates of area 2.50 square centimeters are separated by a dielectric 1.80 millimeters thick, with a dielectric constant of . The resultant electric field in the dielectric is volts per met
I had dream and a name came up
A ladder of mass 30 lbs. is leaned at an angle of 79 degrees against a smooth frictionless wall. What is the magnitude of the reaction (in lb-wt) where the ladder touches the wall?
Could you please help me solve this problem? A see saw is made of a uniform board 2.6 m long. A girl weighing 440 N sits on the left end, and a boy weighing 640 N sits on the right end. The see saw is balanced when the board is pivoted 1.1 m from the right end. How much does the board weigh?
A steel piano wire 0.886 m long has a cross- sectional area of 0.00442 cm2 . When under a tension of 144 N, how much does it stretch? Young s modulus for the wire is 2 1011 N/m2 . Answer in units of mm.
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas