Find the mass of a projectile when fired at 275 m/s if it is to have the same momentum as a 145 g projectile that is fired at 325 m/
A runner accelerates to a velocity of 5.40 m/s due west in 3 s. His average acceleration is 0.635 m/s2, also directed due west. What was his velocity when he began accelerating?
View attached file. Thank you.
A car decelerates from a speed of 40 km/h to rest in 7 seconds. What is the magnitude of the acceleration in m/s2 to one decimal place?
A thin, cylindrical rod script i = 21.0 cm long with a mass m = 1.20 kg has a ball of diameter d = 6.00 cm and mass M = 2.00 kg attached to one end. The arrangement is originally vertical and stationary, with the ball at the top as shown in the figure below. The combination is free to pivot...
a 3.000 kg ball is pitched with a kinetic energy of 20.00 Joules. Then the momentum of the ball is:
You have a mass of 81 kg and are on a 60-degree slope hanging on to a cord with a breaking strength of 138 newtons. What must be the coefficient of static friction to 2 decimal places between you and the surface for you to be saved from the fire?
A thin film of alcohol lies on a flat glass plate . When monochromatic light, whose wavelength can be changed, is incident normally, the reflected light is a minimum for 496 and a maximum for 620 . What is the minimum thickness of the film?
What are the forces that act on parts of the standard sewing machines. What other physic mechanisms are involved in a sewing machine?
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas