Three resistors, R1 = 9 ohms, R2 = 5 ohms, and R3 = 1.0 ohms, are connected in series with a 24V battery. Find (a) the resistance in the circuit, (b) the total current flowing in the circuit, (c) the voltage drop across each resistor, and (d) the power dissipated by each resistor. Please send...
A butterfly at eye level is 21 cm in front of an plane mirror. You are behind the butterfly, 49 cm from the mirror. What is the distance between your eye and the image of the butterfly in the mirror?
a charge moves at a speed of 4.5 * 10^-6m/s in a direction perpendicular to a uniform magnetic field, and the proton moves in a circle of radius 0.20m.determine the magnitude of the magnetic field
Q.1 A bridge rectifier is fed by a 25 Vac transformer. Determine the dc load voltage and current for the circuit when it has a 2.5k load. Q.2 If 10w of power is applied to primary of an ideal transformer with a turn ratio of 5, Find power delivered to the secondary load....
Q.2 If 10w of power is applied to primary of an ideal transformer with a turn ratio of 5, Find power delivered to the secondary load.
An FM radio station emits an electromagnetic wave which is received by a circuit containing a 3.33 10-7 H inductor and a variable capacitor set at 7.31 10-12 F. What is the frequency of the radio wave?
(a) How many kWh (kilowatt-hours) of energy does a 550W toaster use in the morning if it is in operation for a total of 10 minutes? (b) At a cost of $0.02 per kWh, how much would this add to your monthly eletric energy bill if you made toast four mornings per week? Assume there are four weeks...
1. A 9V battery is connected to a lightbulb whose resistance is 1.6 ohms. How many electrons per minute leave the battery? 2. How many 100W light bulbs connected in parallel with a 120V battery can be used without blowing a 2.5A fuse? 3. An automobile battery is being charged at a voltage...
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas