how diffraction occurs
give two problems on distance, displacement, speed, and velocity
The central bright fringe in a single-slit diffraction pattern from light of wavelength 476 nm is 2.0 cm wide on a screen that is 1.05m from the slit. How wide is the slit?
a 120 turn coil of radius 1.8 cm and resistance 5.3 is placed outside a solenoid that has 220 turns/cm and carries a current of 1.5 . the diameter of the solenoid is 3.2. cm. the current in the solenoid is reduced to zero at a steady rate in 25 ms. what current appears in the coil
An airplane with a wing span of 60 m flies horizontally at a location where the downward component of the Earth's magnetic field is 6.0 10-5 T. Find the magnitude of the induced emf between the tips of the wings when the speed of the plane is 225 m/s.
You have a hospital traction device, with a cord that transmits an undiminshed tension of 5.0 g N, find the horizontal and vertical force exerted on the foot by the arragement?
The drawing shows three situations A, B, and C in which an observer and a source of electromagnetic waves are moving along the same line. In each case the source emits a wave that has a frequency of 4.57 1014 Hz. The arrows in each situation denote velocity vectors of the observer and source...
28) While moving at 0.6c away from earth it sends a smaller ship away from the earth at 0.9c (relative to the spaceship). How fast do you (an observer on earth) measure the smaller ship to be moving? 29) Observers on earth measure the spaceship to be 100 m long. What is the...
Which is the smallest entity in the following list? A. Proton b. Nucleus c. Atom d. Molecule The force that holds all atoms together is a. magnetic. B. gravitational. C. electrical. D. nuclear.
Two converging lenses having focal lengths of 13.0 cm and 21.0 cm are placed 50 cm apart, as shown in the figure below. The final image is to be located between the lenses, at the position indicated. (a) How far to the left of the first lens should the object be positioned?(b) What is the overall...
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas