1.A student immerse one end of the ice-water mixture at 0 C. The side of the rod is insulated. After steady state condition have been achieve in the rod, 0.16 kg of ice melt in a certain time interval. For water, latent heat is 3.34*10^5 J/kg. for this time interval: a) the entropy change of the...
A flight attendant pulls her 70 N flight bag a distance of 390 m along a level airport floor at a constant velocity. The force she exerts is 39 N at an angle of 56 above the horizontal. (a) Find the work she does on the flight bag. J (b) Find the work done by the force of friction on...
Find the area of a rectangular room measuring 8.3* by 13.5* answer in significant figues
A pulley system has an efficiency of 87.5 percent. How much of the rope must be pulled in if a force of 648 N is needed to lift a 150 kg desk 2.46 m? (Disregard friction.)
At the airport, you pull a 17kg suitcase across the floor with a strap that is at an angle of 41 above the horizontal.
A building made with a steel structure is 282 m high on a winter day when the temperature is 0 F. How much taller is the building when the temperature is 110 F? The linear expansion coe cient of steel is 1.1 10 5( C) 1. Answer in units of cm
A plane leaves the airport in Galisto and flies 155 km at 68.0 east of north and then changes direction to fly 245 km at 48.0 south of east, after which it makes an immediate emergency landing in a pasture. When the airport sends out a rescue crew, how far should this crew fly to go directly to...
What is the maximum acceleration the boulder can have and still get out of the quarry?
A car traveling at 12 m/s comes to a sudden stop 2.5 seconds after seeing a deer run into the road. What was the acceleration of the car?
Consider in plane geometry a slab of non-fissionable material with properties D and L and a thickness of a. Assume s\\neutrons/cm2/s enter the slab from the left. What fraction of the neutrons will a. Penetrate the slab? b. Be reflected back from the left-hand surface? c. Be absorbed in the...
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas