A ball is thrown vertically upward with a speed of 39.1m/s. What is the ball's velocity after 1.10s?
Jim's dog Sparky runs 45.0 northeast to a tree, then 70.0 west to a second tree, and finally 25.0 south to a third tree. 1)Calculate Sparky's net displacement vector. Enter the east and north components of the net displacement 2)Calculate the magnitude of Sparky's net...
Problem 27.8 A 10-cm-long thin glass rod uniformly charged to 15.0 nC and a 10-cm-long thin plastic rod uniformly charged to - 15.0 nC are placed side by side, 4.40 cm apart. What are the electric field strengths E_1 to E_3 at distances 1.0 cm, 2.0 cm, and 3.0 cm from the glass rod along the...
system consists of two small bodies of masses m1 and m2 connected by a light outstretched spring of spring cont. k. At time t = 0 the bodies are given initial velocities u1 and u2 and let fall under gravity. Find the total momentum of the system as a function of time and the position vector of...
The radius of a circle is measured to be (13.0 0.2) m. Calculate each of the following and give the uncertainty in each value.
Consider a thin rod of mass 1.4 kg, length 2.7 m and uniform density. The rod is pivoted at one end on a frictionless horizontal pin. The rod is initially held in horizontal position but eventually allowed to swing down.What is its angular acceleration at the instant it makes an angle 68 with...
Why do some of the bright stars (such as the one indicated by the arrow) in this photo have cross-shaped spikes over them?
A ball is thrown toward a cliff of height (h) with a speed of 30m/s and an angle of 60 degrees above horizontal. It lands on the edge of the cliff 4.0s later. a) How high is the cliff? b)What was the maximum height of the ball? c)What is the ball's impact speed?
A driver in a car traveling at a speed of 73 km/h sees a cat 111 m away on the road. How long will it take for the car to accelerate uniformly to a stop in exactly 109 m? Answer in units of s
2. A solid cylindrical disk has a radius of 0.15 m. It is mounted to an axle that is perpendicular to the circular end of the disk at its center. When a 45-N force is applied tangentially to the disk, perpendicular to the radius, the disk acquires an angular acceleration of 120 rad/s2. What is...
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas