A Carnot engine performs work at the rate of 370 kW while using 690 kcal of heat per second. If the temperature of the heat source is 580^\circ C, at what temperature is the waste heat exhausted?
The corners of a square lie on a circle of diameter D = 0.34 m. The side of the square has a length L. Find L.
a Concorde jet traveling at 553 km/h accelerates uniformly at .592 m/s^2 for 86 s. What is the final velocity?
A charge of -3.90 nC and a charge of -5.60 nC are separated by a distance of 30.0 cm. Find the position at which a third charge of +7.20 nC can be placed so that the net electrostatic force on it is zero.
A m1 = 49.0 kg block and a m2 = 95.0 kg block are connected by a string as in the figure below. The pulley is frictionless and of negligible mass. The coefficient of kinetic friction between the 49.0 kg block and incline is 0.250. Determine the change in the kinetic energy of the 49.0 kg block...
A "gry" is an old English measure for length, defined as 1/10 of a line, where "line" is another old English measure for length, defined as 1/12 inch. A common measure for length in the publishing business is a "point", defined as 1/72 inch....
A Carnot engine performs work at the rate of 430 while using 700 of heat per second.If the temperature of the heat source is 640, at what temperature is the waste heat exhausted?
At some toll collecting stations,a thin metal wire sticks up from the road andmakes contact with cars before they reach the toll collector. What is the purpose of this wire?-hw help
Anna walks 140 due north, 45 due east, and then 30 due south. what is net displacement
A jogger travels a route that has two parts. The first is a displacement of 1.32 km due south, and the second involves a displacement that points due east. The resultant displacement + has a magnitude of 1.77 km. (a) What is the magnitude of , and (b) what is the direction of + as a...
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas