driving at 58 km/h takes 0.709 to react how far have you moved befor you slow down.
A race car can be slowed with a constant acceleration of -9 m/s2. If the car is going 46 m/s, how many meters will it travel before it stops
he diagram shows a single moving object at instants in time separated by equal time intervals
Three deer, A, B, and C, are grazing in a field. Deer B located 63 m from dear A at an angle of 52 north of west. Deer C is located 79 north of east relative to dear A. The distance between deer B and C is 94 m. What is the distance between deer A and C? (Hint: Consider the law of cosines...
You are to drive to an interview in another town, at a distance of 280 km on an expressway. The interview is at 11:15 A.M. You plan to drive at around 100 km/h, so you leave at 8:00 A.M. to allow some extra time. You drive at that speed for the first 100 km, but then construction work forces you...
Which of these is nearest to the kinetic energy (in Joules) of the pendulum bob at 1.128 m
A superhero flies 323 m from the top of a tall building at an angle of 29 below the horizontal. What is the horizontal component of the superhero s displacement? Answer in units of m.
A small steel ball is dropped from the roof of a building (the initial velocity of the ball is zero). An observer standing in front of a window 120 cm high notes that the ball takes 0.125 s to fall from the top to the bottom of the window. The ball continues to fall, makes a completely elastic...
The largest building in the world by volume is the Boeing 747 plant in Everett, Washington. It measures approximately 627 long, 708 yards wide, and 110 high.What is the volume in cubic feet?
A car is traveling east at 28.9 m/s at some instant. (a) If its constant acceleration is 0.750 m/s2 due east, find its velocity after 7.10 s have elapsed.
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas