find the voltage change when (a) an electric field does 12 J of work on a 0.0001-C charge; (b) the same electric field does 24 J of work on a 0.0002-C charge.
what is the voltage at the location of a 0.0001-C charge that has an electric potentail energy of 0.5J (both measured relative to the same reference point)
when released, what will be the kinetic energy of the 1-C charge of the previous problem if it flies past its starting position?"
A 525-kg steel beam is raised 30.0 m in 25.0 s. How many kilowatts of power are needed
why are significant figures not important in math class
Three astronauts, propelled by jet backpacks, push and guide a 110 kg asteroid toward a processing dock, exerting the forces
A flea pulls on a puck with force 9 microN at an angle of 90 . Another flea pulls on the puck with force 1 microN at an angle of -15 . a) What is the magnitude of the net force on the puck? b)At what angle is the net force? c) A third flea decides to pull the puck so that it will stop...
If the speed of the electron were 3.6 105 m/s, what would be the corresponding orbital radius?
Three deer, A, B, and C, are grazing in a field. Deer B is located 61.7 m from deer A at an angle of 51.6 north of west. Deer C is located 76.4 north of east relative to deer A. The distance between deer B and C is 92.8 m. What is the distance between deer A and C? (Hint: Consider the laws...
A person walks 36.0 north of east for 1.05 km. Another person walks due north and due east to arrive at the same location. How large is the east component of this second path?
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas