Let vectors , , and , where are the components of the vectors along , , and respectively. Calculate the following: Determine the angle between and
A runner accelerates to a velocity of 5.29 m/s due west in 3 s. His average acceleration is 0.641 m/s2, also directed due west. What was his velocity when he began accelerating?
A reconnaissance plane flies 552 kmaway from its base at 622 m/s, then flies back to its base at 933 m/s. What is its average speed? Answer in units of m/s.
An ocean liner leaves New York City and travels 15.0 north of east for 215 km. How far east and how far north has it gone? In other words, what are the magnitudes of the components of the ship's displacement vector in the directions (a) due east and (b) due north?
A mass is suspended on a spring scale. The scale shows a reading of 5N and stretches a distance of 0.1 meters from its relaxed length. (b)If this scale was taken to a planet that has a mass 4 times larger than the earth and a radius 4 times greater than the earth, what would the reading on the...
If you can answer the following questions I'd be willing to pay you $100.00. See attached word doc. I am in a bind here as my deadline is fast approaching.
how doe one coulomb of charge compare with the charge of a single electron?
The ionization energies of the alkali metals are in the range from 4 to 6 eV, while those of the inert gases are in the range from 15 to 25 eV. Why the difference?
The binding energy curve, slopes downward for heavy nuclei. Why does this happen? Why does the binding energy per nucleon not keep increasing?
One liter of water at 35 C is used to make iced tea. How much ice at 0 C must be added to lower the temperature of the tea to 16 C? The specific heat of water is 1 cal/g C and latent heat of ice is 79.7 cal/g. Answer in units of g.
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas