A uniform plank of length 5.0 m and weight 225 N rests horizontally on two supports, with 1.1 m of the plank hanging over the right support (see the drawing). To what distance x can a person who weighs 377 N walk on the overhanging part of the plank before it just begins to tip?
A proton is placed in a uniform electric field of 2650 N/C . *Calculate the magnitude of the electric force felt by the proton. *Calculate the proton's acceleration. *Calculate the proton's speed after 1.80 in the field, assuming it starts from rest.
An unmarked police car traveling a constant 135 km/h is passed by a speeder traveling 140 km/h. Precisely 1.00 s after the speeder passes, the police officer steps on the accelerator; if the police car's acceleration is 3.50 m/s2, how much time passes after the speeder passes before the...
When you see a traffic light turn red, you apply the brakes until you come to a stop. Suppose your initial speed was 12 m/s, and you were heading due west, what was your average velocity during braking? Assume constant deceleration.
A ball is projected upward at time t = 0.0 s, from a point on a roof 60 m above the ground. The ball rises, then falls and strikes the ground. The initial velocity of the ball is 28.4m/s. Consider all quantities as positive in the upward direction. At time 4.3s the acceleration of the ball is...
A certain elevator cab in a New York hotel has a total run of 173 m. Its maximum speed is 273 m/min. Its acceleration (both speeding up and slowing down) has a magnitude of 1.10 m/s2.
three identical point charges each of mass 160g and charge +q
Document Attached. Any help would be great, I am currently trying to work the problems.
A farmer measures the distance around a rectangular field. The length of each long side of the rectangle is found to be 40.44 m, and the length of the short side is found to be 20.5 m. What is the total distance around the field?
"you have a semicircular disk of glass"
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas