a 200kg weather rocket is loaded with 100kg of fuel and fired straight up. It accelerates upward at 33m/s^2 for 34 seconds then runs out of fuel. Ignore any air resistance effects. a. What is the rocket's maximum altitude? b. How long is the rocket in the air?
You are driving home from school steadily at 98 for 130 . It then begins to rain and you slow to 65 . You arrive home after driving 3 hours and 40 minutes.
A spherical shell of radius 6.6 m is placed in a uniform electric field with magnitude 4270 N/C. Determine the total electric flux through the shell. Answer in units of N m2/C.
Air becomes a conductor when the electric field strength exceeds 2.99 106 N/C. Determine the maximum amount of charge that can be carried by a metal sphere 2.0 m in radius. The value of the Coulomb constant is 8.99 109 N m2/C2 . Answer in units of C.
6. A 95-m-long train begins uniform acceleration from rest. The front of the train has a speed of when it passes a railway worker who is standing 180 m from where the front of the train started. What will be the speed of the last car as it passes the worker?
A force vector has a magnitude of 595 newtons and points at an angle 45o of below the positive x axis. What are (a) the x scalar component and (b) the y scalar component of the vector?
A nonconducting plate with infinite dimensions carries a uniform surface charge density of 4.87 C/cm2.What is the electric field 8 cm in front of the plate?
Consider a disk of radius 2.8 cm with a uni- formly distributed charge of +4.4 C. Compute the magnitude of the electric field at a point on the axis and 3.6 mm from the center. The value of the Coulomb constant is 8.98755 109 N m2/C2 . Answer in units of N/C.
An astronomical unit (AU) is the average distance from the Sun to Earth, 1.50*10^8 Km. How many AU are there in 5.00 light-year?
A 6.0-cm-diameter cylinder of nitrogen gas has a 4.0-cm-thick movable copper piston. The cylinder is oriented vertically, as shown in the figure, and the air above the piston is evacuated. When the gas temperature is 20, the piston floats above the bottom of the cylinder. How much work is...
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas