A 0.32 kg rock is projected from the edge of the top of a building with an initial velocity of 9.19 m/s at an angle 47 above the horizontal. Due to gravity, the rock strikes the ground at a horizontal distance of 15.2 m from the baseof the building. How tall is the building? Assume the...
When Tow vectors sum to zero, how muxt they be related?
Object A, which has been charged to + 17.9 nC, is at the origin. Object B, which has been charged to - 29.9 nC, is at( x,y ) = ( 0.0 cm,2.30 cm ). What is the y-component of the force F(A on B) on B due to A?
A hot-air balloon is rising upward with a constant speed of 2.04 m/s. When the balloon is 4.89 m above the ground, the balloonist accidentally drops a compass over the side of the balloon. How much time elapses before the compass hits the ground?
A 223 kg weather rocket is loaded with 119 kg of fuel and fired straight up. It accelerates upward at 31.35 m/s2 for 35.6 s, then runs out of fuel. Ignore any air resistance effects. What is the rocket's maximum altitude
The wavelength of the laser beam used in a compact disc player is 577 nm. Suppose that a diffraction grating produces first-order tracking beams that are 1.1 mm apart at a distance of 2.9 mm from the grating. Estimate the spacing between the slits of the grating.
A Cessna aircraft has a lift-off speed of 137 km/h. What minimum constant acceleration does this require if the aircraft is to be airborne after a take-off run of 219 m? Answer in units of m/s2.
How did financial consideratiion and the international markey affect the precolonial, colonial, and postcolonial world's experience with justice and injustice
the electric field 4.5 cm from a very long charged wire is (2300 N/C toward the wire). what is the charge (in nC) on a 1.0 cm long segment of the wire?
It is 155 cm from your eyes to your toes. You're standing 198 cm in front of a tall mirror. How far is it from your eyes to the image of your toes?
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas