You are driving home from school steadily at 97 km/h for 150 km. It then begins to rain and you slow to 62 km/h. You arrive home after driving 2 hours and 40 minutes. How far is your hometown from school?
What is the charge in microcoulombs on (a) capacitor 1 and (b) capacitor 2?
A circuit breaker is rated for a current of 3 A rms at a voltage of 90 V rms. What is the largest value of Imax that the breaker can carry? Answer in units of A. What average power can be supplied by this circuit? Answer in units of kW.
An inquisitive physics student and mountain climber climbs a 47.0-m-high cliff that overhangs a calm pool of water. He throws two stones vertically downward, 1.00 s apart, and observes that they cause a single splash. The first stone has an initial speed of 2.04 m/s
A car drives straight off the edge of a cliff that is 56m high. The police at the scene of the accident not that the point of impact is 120m from the base of the cliff. How fast was the car traveling when it went over the cliff?
heather and matthew walk eastward with a speed of .85 m/s. if it takes them 44 min walk to the store, how far have they walked?
You are driving home from school steadily at 91 for 150 . It then begins to rain and you slow to 62 . You arrive home after driving 2 hours and 20 minutes.
A river flows due east at 1.80 m/s. A boat crosses the river from the south shore to the north shore by maintaining a constant velocity of 9.0 m/s due north relative to the water. (a) What is the velocity of the boat relative to shore? (b) If the river is 240 m wide, how far downstream has the...
A person travels by car from one city to another with different constant speeds between pairs of cities. She drives for 40.0 min at 85.0 km/h, 12.0 min at 95 km/h, and 35.0 min at 30.0 km/h, and spends 35.0 min eating lunch and buying gas. Determine the average speed for the trip and determine...
The pilot of an airplane traveling 170 km/h wants to drop supplies to flood victims isolated on a patch of land 140m below.
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas