A mass, m1 = 3.00 kg, resting on a frictionless horizontal table is connected to a cable that passes over a pulley and then is fastened to a hanging mass, m2 = 12.0 kg, as in Figure P4.25. Find the acceleration of each mass and the tension in the cable.
Find the change in volume (in cubic cm) of an aluminum sphere with an initial radius of 11 cm when the sphere is heated from 0.0 C to 140 C. The linear expansion coefficient of aluminum is 23 x 10-6 /C .
A skier leaves the ramp of a ski jump with a velocity of v = 18.0 m/s, = 21.0 above the horizontal, as in the figure. The slope is inclined at 50.0 , and air resistance is negligible. (Assume up and right are positive, and down and left are negative.)Find the distance from the ramp to...
A golf ball is struck with a five iron on level ground. It lands 80.0 m away 4.60 s later. What was the magnitude and direction of the initial velocity? (Neglect air resistance.) 1 m/s 2 above the horizontal
A rocket is fired at a speed of 75.0 m/s from ground level, at an angle of 61.4 above the horizontal. The rocket is fired toward an 11.0 m high wall, which is located 21.5 m away. The rocket attains its launch speed in a negligibly short period of time, after which its engines shut down and the...
On a spacecraft two engines fire for a time of 565 s. One gives the craft an acceleration in the x direction of ax = 5.10 m/s2, while the other produces an acceleration in the y direction of ay = 7.30 m/s2. At the end of the firing period, the craft has velocity components of vx = 3610 m/s and vy...
A football is kicked at ground level with a speed of 15.0 m/s at an angle of 33.0 to the horizontal. How much later does it hit the ground?
The French train in a sample problem is traveling 301 km/h. When it is 360m from a road crossing, the engineer blows the whistle. If the speed of sound is 330 m/s, how many seconds after the whistle is heard at the crossing will the train cross there?
Romeo is chucking pebbles gently up to Juliet's window, and he wants the pebbles to hit the window with only a horizontal component of velocity. He is standing at the edge of a rose garden h = 4.5 m below her window and d = 5.0 m from the base of the wall. How fast are the pebbles going when...
On a spacecraft two engines fire for a time of 555 s. One gives the craft an acceleration in the x direction of ax = 5.10 m/s2, while the other produces an acceleration in the y direction of ay = 7.30 m/s2. At the end of the firing period, the craft has velocity components of vx = 3785 m/s and vy...
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas