Find an expression for the period of a wave in terms of other kinematic variables. Express your answer in terms of any of , , , and simple constants such as .
A jet plane lands with a speed of 83 m/s and can accelerate at a maximum rate of -4.90 m/s2 as it comes to rest. (a) From the instant the plane touches the runway, what is the minimum time needed before it can come to rest? 1 s
please answer my questions, attached, I have sent 3 questions yesterday
A hockey puck slides along a horizontal, smooth icy surface at a constant velocity as shown. Which of the following forces act on the puck? acceleration weight force of velocity normal force air drag force of push friction
A helicopter is ascending vertically with a speed of 2.00 m/s. At a height of 165 m above the Earth, a package is dropped from a window. How much time does it take for the package to reach the ground?
A 51-kg bungee jumper has fallen far enough that her bungee cord is beginning to stretch and resist her downward motion. Find the force (magnitude and direction) exerted on her by the bungee cord at an instant when her downward acceleration has a magnitude of 6.6 m/s2. Ignore the effects of air...
A loudspeaker of mass 17.0 is suspended a distance of = 1.00 below the ceiling by two cables that make equal angles with the ceiling. Each cable has a length of = 3.70 . What is the tension in each of the cables? Use 9.80 for the magnitude of the acceleration due to gravity
A horse canters away from its trainer in a straight line, moving 119 m away in 13 s. It then turns abruptly and gallops halfway back in 4.0 s. Calculate its average speed in m/s.
A car is driven 140 km west and then 30 km southwest. What is the displacement of the car from the point of origin (magnitude and direction)
A car is traveling 27 m/s when the driver sees a child standing in the road. He takes 0.8 s to react, then steps on the brakes and slows at 6.5 m/s2. How far does the car go before it stops?
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas