A hot-air balloon is rising straight up with a speed of 5.2 m/s. A ballast bag is released from rest relative to the balloon when it is 13.6 m above the ground. How much time elapses before the ballast bag hits the ground?
At one instant a bicyclist is 40.0 m due east of a park s flagpole, going due south with a speed of 10.0 m/s. Then 30.0 s later, the cyclist is 40.0 m due north of the flagpole, going due east with a speed of 10.0 m/s. For the cyclist in this 30.0 s interval, what are the (a) magnitude and...
Vector vector A has a magnitude of 7.90 units and makes an angle of 40.0 counter-clockwise from the positive x-axis. Vector vector B has a magnitude of 8.00 units and is directed along the negative x-axis. Direction of vector A + vector B : 2Your answer was incorrect, but has changed from...
Heather and Jerry are standing on a bridge above a river. Heather throws a rock straight down with a speed of . Jerry, at exactly the same instant of time, throws a rock straight up with the same speed. Ignore air resistance.
Problem 5. D m x F = Fo e x/D A simple schematic for a paintball gun with a barrel of length D is shown above; when the trigger is pulled carbon dioxide gas under pressure is released into the approximately frictionless barrel behind the paintball (which has mass m). The expanding,...
Three equal point charges, each with charge 1.65 , are placed at the vertices of an equilateral triangle whose sides are of length 0.300 . What is the electric potential energy of the system? (Take as zero the potential energy of the three charges when they are infinitely far apart.) Use =...
A dock worker applies a constant horizontal force of 80.5 to a block of ice on a smooth horizontal floor. The frictional force is negligible. The block starts from rest and moves 10.0 in the first 6.00 .
A 315-N force F and 70-Nm couple M are applied to corner A of the block shown. Replace the given force-couple system with an equivalent force-couple system at corner D.
A superhero flies 160 m from the top of a tall building at an angle of 35 below the horizontal. What is the horizontal component of the superhero s displacement? Answer in units of m.
A typical red blood cell subtends an angle of only 1.92 x 10^-5 rad when viewed at a person's near-point distance of 25.0 cm. Suppose a red blood cell is examined with a compound microscope in which the objective and eyepiece are separated by a distance of 10.0 cm. Given that the focal...
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas