how fast must a ball be thrown straight upward in prder that it remains in flight for 10 secomds?
16. [1pt] Vectors A and B have equal magnitudes of 4.32. If the sum of A and B is the vector 6.02j. determine the angle between A and B. 15. [1pt] The velocity vector V1 has a magnitude of 5 m/s and is directed along the +x-axis. The velocity vector V2 has a magnitude of 4 m/s. The sum of...
Determine the stopping distances for a car with an initial speed of 94 km/h and human reaction time of 2.0 s for the following accelerations. (a) a = -4.0 m/s2 (b) a = -8.0 m/s2
Two objects attract each other gravitationally with a force of 3.5 10-10 N when they are 0.33 m apart. Their total mass is 4.0 kg. Find their individual masses.
Question Starting from rest at the first floor, an elevator accelerates upward, reaching and maintaining a constant velocity until it reaches the 51st floor, when it begins to slow down and comes to a stop at the 53rd floor. The same man in the example is still in the elevator weighing the same...
an explorer is caught in a whiteout while returning to base camp. he was supposed to travel to travel due north for 5.6km, but when the snow clears, he discovers that he actually traveled 78 km 50 degrees north of due west
A battery with an emf of 1.50 V has an internal resistance r. When connected to a resistor R, the terminal voltage is 1.40 V and the current is 0.10 A. What is the value of the external resistor R?
Two satellites are in circular orbits around Jupiter. One, with orbital radius r, makes one revolution every 16 h. The other satellite has orbital radius 3.8r. How long does the second satellite take to make one revolution around Jupiter?
A solid cylindrical disk has a radius of 0.12 m. It is mounted to an axle that is perpendicular to the circular end at its center. When a 47-N force is applied tangentially to the disk, perpendicular to the radius, the disk acquires an angular acceleration of 110 rad/s2. What is the mass of the...
Determine the force needed to accelerate a 1357 kg car forward at 8.0m/s2
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas