An artillery shell is fired with an initial velocity of 300 m/s at 50.0 above the horizontal. To clear an avalanche, it explodes on a mountainside 49.5 s after firing. What are the x and y components of the shell where it explodes, relative to its firing point?
A proton is accelerated through a potential difference of 2.6 106 V.
a displacement vector has a magnitude of 810m and points at an angle of 18 degrees above the positive x axis. what are the x and y scalar components of this vector?
Two 340 kg masses (756 lb) are separated by a distance of 10 m. Using Newton's law of gravitation, find the magnitude of the gravitational force exerted by one mass on the other.
A boat moves through the water of a river at 6.54 m/s relative to the water, regardless of the boat s direction. If the current is flowing at 4.9m/s, how long does it take the boat to complete a trip con- sisting of a 400 m displacement downstream followed by a 303 m displacement...
Hi, whats your name?
Two 350 kg masses (778 lb) are separated by a distance of 5 m. Using Newton's law of gravitation, find the magnitude of the gravitational force exerted by one mass on the other.
What is the maximum speed with which a 1120 kg car can round a turn of radius 80 m on a flat road if the coefficient of static friction between tires and road is 0.80?
A box is sliding up an incline that makes an angle of 17.0 with respect to the horizontal. The coefficient of kinetic friction between the box and the surface of the incline is 0.180. The initial speed of the box at the bottom of the incline is 2.40 m/s. How far does the box travel along the...
The electric flux through each face of a 1.50 1.50 1.50 cube is 190 . How Much charge is inside the cube?
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas