Electrons in a TV tube are accelerated from rest through a 29 \rm kV potential difference.
When 18O is struck by a proton, 18F and another particle are produced. (a) What is the other particle? (Enter the mass number in the first raised box, the atomic number in the second lower box, and the element, with charge if necessary, in the third box. Use e for an electron and n for a...
The drawing shows an optical fiber that consists of a core made of flint glass(n flint= 1.667) surrounded by a cladding made of crown glass(n crown = 1.523). A beam of light enters the fiber from the air at an angle theta1 with respect to the normal. What is theta1 if the light strikes the...
Two satellites with equal rest masses are traveling toward each other in deep space. One is traveling at 0.550c and the other at 0.750c. The satellites collide and stick together. What is the speed of the combined object after the collision?
W= PE+ KE is what formula
Ultrasound with a frequency of 4.05 MHz can be used to produce images of the human body. If the speed of sound in the body is the same as in salt water, 1.45 km/s, what is the length of a 4.05-MHz pressure wave in the body?
The diffraction pattern shown in Figure 28-38 is produced by passing He-Ne laser light ( lambda = 632.8 nm) through a single slit and viewing the pattern on a screen 1.00 m behind the slit. What is the width of the slit? Please see attached. Hi. Can someone please show me how to do the...
A 3.0 kg toy car can move along an x axis; Figure gives Fx of the force acting on the car, which begins at rest at time t=0. The scale on the Fx axis is set by Fxs = 4.0 N. In unit-vector notation, what is p at (a)t = 1.0 s
At time t=0 a grinding wheel has an angular velocity of 30.0 rad/s. It has a constant angular acceleration of 27.0 rad/s^2 until a circuit breaker trips at time t = 1.90 s. From then on, the wheel turns through an angle of 440 rad as it coasts to a stop at constant angular deceleration.
A proton moving at 4.0 104 m/s horizontally enters a region where a magnetic field of 0.13 T is present, directed vertically downward. What force acts on the proton?
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas