An elastic cord is 61 long when a weight of 78 hangs from it but is 81 long when a weight of 190 hangs from itExpress your answer using two significant figures.
A banked circular highway curve is designed for traffic moving at 61 km/h. The radius of the curve is 199 m. Traffic is moving along the highway at 48 km/h on a rainy day. What is the minimum coefficient of friction between tires and road that will allow cars to negotiate the turn without sliding...
A motorist travelling at 87 km/hr is being chased by a police car at 122 km/hr. If the police car starts from 2.5 km back, how long does it take to catch the motorist? Leave time in hours.
A painter of mass 70.0 kg stands on a platform of mass 75.0 kg and pulls on two ropes which hang over pulleys, as shown. He pulls each rope with a force of 850.0 N. Assuming a coordinate system where +y is up, calculate the y-component of the acceleration ay. ay can either be positive or negative...
A 18000 airplane lands with a speed of 82 on a stationary aircraft carrier deck that is 115 long.
If another ball rolls off the same table at 0.63 , how far from the base of the table does it hit? If another ball rolls off the same table at 0.63 , how far from the base of the table does it hit?
4. In below shown figure, a laser beam of power 5.35W and diameter 2.60mm is directed upward at one circular face ( of diameter d < 2.60mm) of a perfectly reflecting cylinder.The cylinder is levitated because the upward radiation force matches the downward gravitational force. If the...
Which one or more of the following rigid objects of mass (M) has the greatest moment of inertia; a thin walled hollow cylinder, a solid cylinder, a solid sphere, a thin-walled spherical shell, or a thin rectangular sheet? All objects rotate about an axis passing through its center.
A gun is fired horizontally at a block of wood, which is initially at rest on a horizobntal floor. The bullet becomes imbedded in the block, and the impact causes the system to slide a certain distance, s, before coming to rest. What is the inital speed of the bullet? (Mass of bullet=10g, Mass...
Two ants race across a table 57 cm long. One travels at 5.25 cm/s and the other at 2 cm/s. When the first one crosses the finish line, how far behind is the second one? Answer in units of cm.
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas