A 0.500 kg stone is moving in a vertical circular path attached to a string that is 75.0 cm long. The stone is moving around the path at a constant frequency of 2.20 rev/sec. At the moment the stone is overhead, the stone is released. The magnitude and direction of the velocity of the stone when...
A 1.50 kg book is sliding along a rough horizontal surface. At point A it is moving at 3.21 , and at point B it has slowed to 1.25 m/s..
If you are going 127 km/h and suddenly see a state trooper, what is the minimum time in which you can get your car under the 90 km/h speed limit?
Which one or more rigid objects of Mass (M) has the greatest moment of inertia; Thin-walled hollow cylinder, solid cylinder, solid sphere, thin-walled spherical shell, or thin rectangular sheet? All objects rotate about an axis passing through its center.
8. Once a patient begins medication for depression, when is that patient at the highest risk for suicidal ideation and behavior?
Determine the stopping distances for a car with an initial speed of 89 km/h and human reaction time of 3.0 s for the following accelerations. for accelerations -4, and -8
a nominal SRN of 56dB (400,000), and a distortion level of <0.2%
An ideal spring is attached to a box on a frictionless surface. At point B the spring is unrestrained and the box has zero displacement. At point A, the box has a displacement of (x = -a). At point C, the box has a displacement of (x = a). Which statement is true; The speed of the box is a...
The figure below shows two 2.4 kg blocks connected by a rope. A second rope hangs beneath the lower block. Both ropes have a mass of 250 g. The entire assembly is accelerated upward at 3.0 m/s2 by force vector F
In a Young's two-slit experiment, light rays from the two slits that reach the fourth minimum on one side of the central maximum travel distances that differ by? A) 4 lambda B) 3 lambda C) 5 lambda D) 7 lambda/2 E) 9 lambda/ 2 and how? Thanks.
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas