A glaucous-winged gull, ascending straight upward at 5.40 , drops a shell when it is 11.0 above the ground. What is the magnitude of the shell's acceleration just after it is released?What is the direction of the shell's acceleration just after it is released? Find the maximum height...
A 1600 car traveling at a speed of 27 skids to a halt on wet concrete where = 0.60.How long are the skid marks?
A glaucous-winged gull, ascending straight upward at 5.50 , drops a shell when it is 14.0 above the ground. Find the maximum height above the ground reached by the shell
A 102 kg water skier floating in a lake is pulled from rest to a speed of 13 m/s in a distance of 25 m. What is the net force exerted on the skier, assuming his acceleration is constant
what gravitational force does the comet exert on jupiter
Figure 4.25 shows a child's toy which has the shape of a cylinder mounted on top of a hemisphere. the radius of the hemisphere is R and center of mass of the toy is at a height h above the floor a)write down the gravitational potential energy when the toy is tipped on an angle @ from the...
A 47.0 kg person takes a nap in a backyard hammock. Both ropes supporting the hammock are at an angle of 16.0 above the horizontal. Find the tension in the ropes.
A particle of mass m1 and speed v1 collides with a second particle of mass m2 at rest. if the collision is perfectly inelastic what fraction of the kinetic energy is lost in the collision? comment on your answer for cases that m1<<m2 and that m2<<m1
the airplane flies horizontally with constant speed of 220 mph at an altitude of 1000m. The positive x and Y direction are defined in the figure, If a package is ejected from the plane, how long will it take to reach sea level
What is the tangential acceleration of a bug on the rim of a 6.0 in. diameter disk if the disk moves from rest to an angular speed of 77 revolutions per minute in 4.0 s?
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas