How much Kinetice friction will there be in a knee joint if the weight supported by the joint is 500 N?
During an all-night cram session, a student heats up a 0.865 liter (0.865 x 10- 3 m3) glass (Pyrex) beaker of cold coffee. Initially, the temperature is 19.5 C, and the beaker is filled to the brim. A short time later when the student returns, the temperature has risen to 97.5 C. The...
An electric motor rotating a workshop grinding wheel at a rate of 99 rev/min is switched off. Assume the wheel has a constant negative angular acceleration of magnitude 2.30 rad/s2. (a) How long does it take for the grinding wheel to stop?
when a 10 kg block is simultaneously pulled westward with 25N and eastward with 15N,it undergoes?
a circular hole in an aluminum plate is 2.725cm in diameter at 12 degrees celsius, what is its diameter when the temperature of the plate is raised to 140 degrees celsius
A 38.0 cm diameter loop is rotated in a uniform electric field until the position of maximum electric flux is found. The flux in this position is 5.20 105 N m2/C. What is the magnitude of the electric field?
Three equal point charges, each with charge 1.90 , are placed at the vertices of an equilateral triangle whose sides are of length 0.400 . What is the electric potential energy of the system? (Take as zero the potential energy of the three charges when they are infinitely far apart.)
A sprinter explodes out of the starting block with an acceleration of +2.32 m/s2, which she sustains for 1.12 s. Then, her acceleration drops to zero for the rest of the race. What is her velocity at (a)t = 1.12 s and (b) at the end of the race
Vector , which is directed along an x axis, is to be added to vector , which has a magnitude of 2.4 m. The sum is a third vector that is directed along the y axis, with a magnitude that is 4.3 times that of . What is the magnitude of ?
You and a friend each drive 41 km. You travel at 89 km/h; your friend travels at 97 km/h. How long will your friend wait for you at the end of the trip?
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas