An airline passenger dangles her watch from a string while the jet takes off. The string makes an angle of 25o with respect to the vertical while the aircraft accelerates for takeoff, which takes about 18 seconds. Estimate the takeoff speed of the aircraft.
A space station, in the form of a wheel 115 m in diameter, rotates to provide an "artificial gravity" of 3.20 m/s2 for persons who walk around on the inner wall of the outer rim. Find the rate of rotation of the wheel (in revolutions per minute) that will produce this effect.
An astronaut on the moon places a package on a scale and finds it weight to be 18 N. What would the package weigh on earth
A skydiver whose parachute is fully deployed is descending at constant speed. Describe what is happening to her kinetic energy, her potential energy, and her total mechanical energy as she falls. Is any work being done? If so, by what force or forces?
How do you find the volume of an irregular object?
A 31.0 kg block is connected to an empty 1.00 kg bucket by a cord running over a frictionless pulley (Fig. 4-57). The coefficient of static friction between the table and the block is 0.4450 and the coefficient of kinetic friction between the table and the block is 0.320. Sand is gradually added...
a stone is dropped into well and sound of splash is heard after 4 sec.find depth of well,if velocity of sound is 350m/sec
A runner of mass 56.0 kg runs around the edge of a horizontal turntable mounted on a vertical, frictionless axis through its center. The runner's velocity relative to the earth has magnitude 3.10 m/s. The turntable is rotating in the opposite direction with an angular velocity of magnitude...
The person in the middle weighs 255 N, and the tensions in each rope are 200 N. What is the weight of the staging?
Gas is contained in a(n) 7.6 L vessel at a temperature of 48 C and a pressure of 6.3 atm. Find the number of moles of gas in the vessel. Answer in units of mol.
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas