A uniform ladder whose length is 6.0 m and whose weight is 400 N leans against a frictionless vertical wall. The coefficient of static friction between the level ground and the foot of the ladder is 0.53. What is the greatest distance the foot of the ladder can be placed from the base of the wall...
A flat sheet of crown glass has a thickness of 3.8 cm. It is on top of a flat sheet of crystalline quartz that has a thickness of 1.2 cm. Light strikes the crown glass perpendicularly and travels through it and then through the crystalline quartz. In the time it takes the light to travel through...
how do you find the theory of everything?
A proton moves along the positive X-axis. A magnetic field moves along the negative z-axis. What happens to the proton?
A proton moves along the positive X-axis. A magnetic force moves along the negative z-axis. What is the direction of the magnetic force and what happens to the proton?
2. The output from a pressure monitor mounted at a point (shown in figure below) along the path taken by a sound wave of a single frequency travelling at 343m/s through air with a uniform density of 1.21kg/m3. The vertical axis scale is set by ps= 4.0mPa. If the displacement function of the...
If a quantity of gas in a piston cylinder has a volume of 0.150 m3 and is initially at room temperature (20 C) and is heated in an isobaric (constant-pressure) process, what will be the temperature of the gas in degrees Celsius when it has expanded to a volume of 0.600 m3?
What is the acceleration of a rising hot-air balloon if the ratio of the air density outside the balloon to that inside is 1.39? Neglect the mass of the balloon fabric and the basket.
For a hydrogen atom in its ground state, use the Bohr model to compute each of the following.
show that the SI units for Planck's constant h are equal to the SI units of angular momentum
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas