A battery has Vemf = 12.0 V and internal resistance r = 1.17 W. What resistance, R, can be put across the battery to extract 11.9 W of power from it? If there are 2 possible answers, enter the larger resistance
A force of 10 N applied to a block of ice with a mass of 10 kg moves it over a factory floor with a constant speed. What is the coefficient of kinetic friction between the block and the floor?
A hawk flies in a horizontal arc of radius 13.4 m at a constant speed 3.70 m/s. It continues to fly along the same horizontal arc, but increases its speed at the rate of 1.05 m/s2. Find the acceleration in this situation at the moment the hawk's speed is 3.70 m/s. . Find the acceleration...
A 4.80-g bullet is moving horizontally with a velocity of +342 m/s, where the sign + indicates that it is moving to the right (see part a of the drawing). The bullet is approaching two blocks resting on a horizontal frictionless surface. Air resistance is negligible. The bullet passes completely...
the figure the man hanging upside down is holding a partner who weighs 595 N. Assume that the partner moves on a circle that has a radius of 6.50 m. At a swinging speed of 4.45 m/s, what force must the man apply to his partner in the straight-down position?
In outer space a rock of mass 4 kg is attached to a long spring and swung at constant speed in a circle of radius 6.5 m. The spring exerts a force of constant magnitude 600 N. What is the speed of the rock? The magnitude of the velocity vector = _____ m/s The direction of the spring force...
The loaded cab of an elevator has a mass of 3.0 103 kg and moves 152 m up the shaft in 23 s at constant speed. At what average rate does the force from the cable do work on the cab?
Knowing the sign of the work done on an object is a crucial element to understanding work. Positive work indicates that an object has been acted on by a force that tranfers energy to the object, thereby increasing the object's energy. Negative work indicates that an object has been acted...
What is the maximum height reached by the rocket?
An object is dropped from rest and falls freely. After 22.2 seconds, calculate its instantaneous speed.
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas