When an 84.0-kg adult uses a spiral staircase to climb to the second floor of his house, his gravitational potential energy increases by 1.70 x 103 J. By how much does the potential energy of a 24.0-kg child increase when the child climbs a normal staircase to the second floor?
You are on a train that is traveling at 3.0 m/s along a level straight track. Very near and parallel to the track is a wall that slopes upward at a 12 angle with the horizontal. As you face the window (0.772 m high, 2.15 m wide) in your compartment, the train is moving to the left, as the...
Children in a tree house lift a small dog in a basket 5 metres up from the ground. If it takes 200 J of work to do this, what is the combined mass of the dog and basket?
What is the maximum acceleration a car can undergo if the coefficient of static friction between the tires and the ground is 0.79? Express your answer using two significant figures.
If you weigh 670 on the earth, what would be your weight on the surface of a neutron star that has the same mass as our sun and a diameter of 19.0 ? Take the mass of the sun to be = 1.99 1030 , the gravitational constant to be = 6.67 10 11 , and the acceleration due to gravity at the...
A 80 kg diver steps off a 13 m tower and drops from rest straight down into the water. If he comes to rest 4.1 m beneath the surface, determine the average resistance force exerted on him by the water.
780 mmhg in Pa ?
3. When a high speed passenger train traveling at 161 km/h rounds a bend, the engineer is shocked to see that a locomotive has improperly entered onto the track from a siding and is a distance D = 676m ahead (fig. 2-22). The locomotive is moving at 29.0 km/h. The engineer of the high speed train...
A fighter plane flying at constant speed 480 m/s and constant altitude 8200 m makes a turn of curvature radius 10000 m. On the ground, the plane s pilot weighs (80 kg) (9.8 m/s2) = 784 N. What is his/her apparent weight during the plane s turn? Answer in units of N.
A shot putter launches a 6.970 kg shot by pushing it along a straight line of length 1.650 m and at an angle of 33.60 from the horizontal, accelerating the shot to the launch speed from its initial speed of 2.500 m/s (which is due to the athlete's preliminary motion). The shot leaves the...
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas