A loudspeaker of mass 21.0 is suspended a distance of = 2.20 below the ceiling by two cables that make equal angles with the ceiling. Each cable has a length of = 3.30 .
In nature, substances often possess a crystalline structure. The basic component of a crystal is the unit cell, such as the rectangular parallelpiped illustrated. In the questions that follow express your answers in terms of the unit vectors , , and , that is, a vector with components , , and...
A golf ball is struck with a five iron on level ground. It lands 91.5 away 4.10 later. What was (a) the direction and (b) the magnitude of the initial velocity?
At the instant a race began, a 65-kg sprinter exerted a force of 720 N on the starting block at a 22-degree angle with respect to the ground. What was the horizontal acceleration of the sprinter?
When an 89.0-kg adult uses a spiral staircase to climb to the second floor of his house, his gravitational potential energy increases by 1.80 x 103 J. By how much does the potential energy of a 18.0-kg child increase when the child climbs a normal staircase to the second floor?
To give a 15 kg child a ride, two teenagers pull on a 3.4 kg sled with ropes, as indicated in Figure 5-23. Both teenagers pull with a force of F = 53 N at an angle of 35 relative to the forward direction, which is the direction of motion. In addition, the snow exerts a retarding force on the...
mary exerts an upward force of 40N to hold a bag of groceries. describe the "reaction" force (Newton's third law) by stating its magnitude, its direction, on what object it is exerted, and by what object it is exerted
A wheeled cart sits stationary on a track. The cart has a funnel mounted on its top, and a steel ball sits in the funnel, as shown. Inside the funnel is a spring launcher which fires the ball straight up. Thus when launched, the ball goes up and then falls back into the funnel. The time from...
There is no diagram that goes with this question, there is only the question no diagram.
THERE IS NO DIAGRAM TO THIS PROBLEM, THERE IS ONLY THE QUESTION. THANKYOU
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas