A refrigerator has a surface area of 5.5 m2. It is lined with 0.066-m-thick insulation whose thermal conductivity is 0.030 J/(s m C ). The interior temperature is kept at 5 C, while the temperature at the outside surface is 25 C. How much heat per second is being removed from the unit? J/s
At a picnic, a Styrofoam cup contains lemonade and ice at 0 C. The thickness of the cup is 4.0 10-3 m, and the area is 0.015 m2. The temperature at the outside surface of the cup is 28 C. The latent heat of fusion for ice is 3.35 105 J/kg. What mass of ice melts in 1.5 hours? kg
A water trough is 9 m long and has a cross-section in the shape of an isosceles trapezoid that is 40 cm wide at the bottom, 100 cm wide at the top, and has height 60 cm. If the trough is being filled with water at the rate of 0.3 m3/min how fast is the water level rising when the water is 10 cm...
A block of mass m1 = 6.00 kg moving with speed v1 undergoes a completely inelastic collision with a stationary block of mass m2 = 9.00 kg. The blocks stick together and move at speed v2. After a time t, the two-block system collides inelastically with a stationary, third block of mass m3 = 5.80...
A 1.5--tall object is 56 in front of a diverging lens that has a -28 focal length. Calculate the image position. Calculate the image position.
A 0.21 kg length of aluminum wire is warmed 10.2 C by an electric current. How much heat was generated by the current? (caluminum = 0.22 kcal/kg C
Sam, whose mass is 60.0 , takes off down a 55.0 high, 8.00 slope on his jet-powered skis. The skis have a thrust of 220 . Sam's speed at the bottom is 42.0 .
A 83g arrow is fired from a bow whose string exerts an average force of 125N on the arrow over a distance of 81cm .What is the speed of the arrow as it leaves the bow?
A 120-N child is in a swing that is attached to ropes 2.20 m long. Find the gravitational potential energy associated with the child relative to her lowest position at the following times.
7.7 A car of weight 2,500 N operating at a rate of 130 kW develops a maximum speed of 31 m/s on a level, horizontal road. Assuming that the resistive force (due to friction and air resistance) remains constant. (a) What is the car's maximum speed on an incline of 1 in 20 (ie, if theta is...
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas