The freshness of fish can be measured by placing a fish between the plates of a capacitor and measuring the capacitance. How does this work? (Hint: As time passes, the fish dries out)
5-60 In Fig. 5-48 a worker lifts a weight w by pulling down on a rope with a force F. The upper pulley is attached to the ceiling by a chain, and the lower pulley is attached to the weight by another chain. In terms of w, find the tension in each chain and the magnitude of the force F if the...
An arrow is fired with a speed of 21.0 at a block of Styrofoam resting on a smooth surface. The arrow penetrates a certain distance into the block before coming to rest relative to it. During this process the arrow's deceleration has a magnitude of 1600 and the block's acceleration...
while john is traveling along an interstate highway, he notices a 160-mile marker as he passes through town. later john passes another mile marker, 115. a. what is the distance between town and john's current location? b.what is john's current location?
a car traveling at 24 m/s runs out of gas while traveling up a 8 degree slope. How far will it coast before starting to roll back down?
The drawing shows three identical rods (A, B, and C) moving in different planes. A constant magnetic field of magnitude 0.45 T is directed along the +y axis. The length of each rod is L = 1.3 m, and the speeds are the same, vA = vB = vC = 2.7 m/s. For each rod, find the magnitude of the motional...
Two stars appear equally bright on a photograph, but spectra show that one is an M main-sequence star and the other is an M giant star. Which one is the most distant
a 55 kg person jumps from rest of a 13 m high tower straight down into the water. neglect air resistance during the descent. she comes to rest 3 m under the surface of the water. determine the average force that the water exerts on the diver
Find the force necessary to start the crate moving (at a 21degree angle), given that the mass of the crate is 32kg and the coefficient of static friction between the crate and the floor is 0.54.
A jetliner, traveling northward, is landing with a speed of 63.8 m/s. Once the jet touches down, it has 763 m of runway in which to reduce its speed to 11.2 m/s. Compute the average acceleration (magnitude and direction) of the plane during landing (take the direction of the plane's motion...
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas