14) According to the empirical rule, if the data form a "bell-shaped" normal distribution,
________ percent of the observations will be contained within 1 standard deviation around the
15) According to the Chebyshev rule, at least 93.75% of all observations in any data set are
contained within a distance of how many standard deviations around the mean?
16) True or False: If the data set is approximately bell-shaped, the empirical rule will more
accurately reflect the greater concentration of data close to the mean as compared to the
24) Which of the following about the binomial distribution is NOT a true statement?
25) A lab orders 100 rats a week for each of the 52 weeks in the year for experiments that the lab
conducts. Suppose the mean cost of rats used in lab experiments turned out to be $13.00 per
week. Interpret this value.
A) Most of the weeks resulted in rat costs of $13.00.
B) The median cost for the distribution of rat costs is $13.00.
C) The expected or average cost for all weekly rat purchases is $13.00.
D) The rat cost that occurs more often than any other is $13.00.
26) Which of the following about the normal distribution is NOT true?