syllabus.docx - Syllabus for Math 447 E13 (38030), Spring...

This preview shows page 1 - 2 out of 2 pages.

Syllabus for Math 447 E13 (38030), Spring 2020Time and place: MWF 1-1:50, 443 Altgeld.Instructor:Timur Oikhberg.Office:Illini Hall 330.e-mail:[email protected]When writing an email, please use yourillinois.eduaccount; indicate your course and section.Moodle page:Office hours:MW2:15-3:30, or by appointment.Course description:This course builds a foundation of real analysis, for those who plan to take graduatecourses in math.Prerequisites:MATH 241; MATH 347 or MATH 348, or equivalent courses.Textbook:Kenneth Ross,Elementary Analysis: The Theory of Calculus,2nd edition(2013), Springer.Ebookisavailable at the UI library:.We will skip some sections. Be prepared to take lecture notes. The information discussed in class will bepart of the examination material.Midterms:There will be two midterm exams:March 4andApril 15(Wednesdays). The weakestmidterm score will be worth15%of the total grade, the stronger one -25%each. The midterms are givenin our usual classroom, during the regular class time.Final:The comprehensive final (worth40%of the course grade) will be given during the finals week –most likely,Wednesday, May 13, 7-10 pm. Please do not make plans to leave town until the date isfinalized.Final exam conflicts will be resolved following the guidelines set out in the Student Code(

Upload your study docs or become a

Course Hero member to access this document

End of preview. Want to read all 2 pages?

Upload your study docs or become a

Course Hero member to access this document

Term
Spring
Professor
Kroll
Tags
Timur Oikhberg

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture