Chem 1 Exam 1 fall 07 - Chemistry 1450; Exam 1 Fall 2007...

Info iconThis preview shows pages 1–3. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Chemistry 1450; Exam 1 Fall 2007 Name___________________________________ MULTIPLE CHOICE. Choose the one alternative that best completes the statement or answers the question. 1) An element has two naturally occurring isotopes. One has an abundance of 37.4% and an isotopic mass of 184.953 amu, and the other has an abundance of 62.6% and a mass of 186.956 amu. What is the atomic weight of the element? A) 186.207 amu B) 186.956 amu C) 185.954 amu D) 185.702 amu 1) 2) Which of the above drawings represents a K + ion? A) drawing (a) B) drawing (b) C) drawing (c) D) drawing (d) 2) In the following drawings, shaded spheres represent cations and unshaded spheres represent anions. 3) Which drawing represents the ionic compound Na 2 CO 3 ? A) drawing (a) B) drawing (b) C) drawing (c) D) drawing (d) 3) 4) To the correct number of significant figures, what is the temperature reading on the following Celsius thermometer? A) 16°C B) 15°C C) 15.67°C D) 15.6°C 4) 1
Background image of page 1

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
5) Which of the following statements concerning ionic compounds is true ? A) The chemical formula for an ionic compound must show a nonzero net charge. B) Ionic compounds contain the same number of positive ions as negative ions. C) Essentially all ionic compounds are solids at room temperature and pressure. D) Ionic compounds do not contain any covalent bonds.
Background image of page 2
Image of page 3
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Page1 / 6

Chem 1 Exam 1 fall 07 - Chemistry 1450; Exam 1 Fall 2007...

This preview shows document pages 1 - 3. Sign up to view the full document.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Ask a homework question - tutors are online