Chapter 01 - Major Themes of Anatomy and PhysiologyINTRODUCTION True / False Questions1. Histology is the study of structures that can be observed without a magnifying lens.
2. All functions of the body can be interpreted as the effects of cellular activity.
3. Organs are made of tissues.
4. A molecule of water is more complex than a mitochondrion (organelle).
5. Homeostasis and occupying space are both unique characteristics of living things.
6. Positive feedback helps to restore normal function when one of the body's physiological variables gets out of balance.
7. Negative feedback is a self-amplifying chain of events that tend to produce rapid change in the body
8.The anatomical position means the body is standing at attention with the palms facing forward and the thumbs pointing away from the body.
9. The elbow is proximal to the shoulder.
10. The serous membrane that lines the peritoneal cavity is called visceral peritoneum.