ass13_due112508

ass13_due112508 - The salvage varies as a percentage of the...

Info iconThis preview shows pages 1–4. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
ISE460 Fall 2008 Session 26 11/20/08 Assignment 13 Due 11/25/08 No.1 Set up the spreadsheet for Example12.1 and calculate the NPV. Use the simulation example in the demo file for chapter 12 as a template to do this problem Add inflation rate for overall inflation, separate inflation rates for unit variable cost, and fixed cost. Your estimate for the inflation rate is between 4% and 7%, uniformly distributed. The inflation rate for unit variable cost is 75% of the general inflation rate, while fixed costs rise at 50% the inflation rate. The initial values are assumed to be in year 0. The average and standard deviation of the price are $50 and $3, with maxima and minima of 41 and 60. Assume that the average demand is a function of your price. Demand = 2200 – 40*(price – 45). The standard deviation of demand is 150. Set maxima and minima of 2500 and 1500.
Background image of page 1

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
Background image of page 2
Background image of page 3

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
Background image of page 4
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Unformatted text preview: The salvage varies as a percentage of the original investment and has a normal distribution with mean 25% and standard deviation of 5%. The inflation rate for it is the same as the general inflation rate. 2 1/2 point for setting this up, 1/2 point for each answer below. Describe how you obtained each. Given an MARR of 20%: a) Determine the probability of a positive net present value, using at least 200 samples. b) What would you negotiate as your unit price as, so to be 75% sure that you achieved a positive net present value at 20% MARR? (to the nearest dollar) Continued on pages 2 through 5 ISE460 Fall 2008 Session 26 11/20/08 Assignment 13 No. 3 (4 1/2 points) ISE460 Fall 2008 Session 26 11/20/08 Assignment 13 ISE460 Fall 2008 Session 26 11/20/08 Assignment 13 c) would your recommendation change if the MARR was 20%?...
View Full Document

This note was uploaded on 01/20/2009 for the course ISE 460 taught by Professor Bottlik during the Fall '06 term at USC.

Page1 / 4

ass13_due112508 - The salvage varies as a percentage of the...

This preview shows document pages 1 - 4. Sign up to view the full document.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Ask a homework question - tutors are online