October 22, 2007
Callaway Golf Company
1a) My Company’s net income for 2006 was $23,290,000.
b) Callaway Golf’s percentage of cost of goods sold to sales was 61%.
2) Callaway’s total assets were $493,200,000, while their total liability was
$223,455,000, and shareholders equity came in at $845,947,000.
3a) The par value of Callaway’s stock is $.01 a share.
b) Callaway has 72,992,726 outstanding shares.
c) Yes, Callaway owns treasury stock, they have 11,957,968 shares.
d) Callaway has never had a stock split.
4) The method that Callaway uses to complete cash flows is indirect.
Net cash is a
positive number of $17,287,000
5) Callaway Golf Company is located in Carlsbad, California.
6) Callaway Golf is an international company that does business in countries like
Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Japan, Korea, and Spain.
7) Callaway is a manufacturing company, which designs and produces their own golf
clubs, and golf balls.
They have manufacturing plants on both the East, and West coast
to makes them able to save on shipping costs.
8) Callaway Golf Company sells a variety of different golf products, ranging from
drivers, irons, woods, hybrids, balls, shirts, jackets, bags, golf shoes, and hats.
buy these products at any local golf store, golf website, or the Callaway website.
9) My company comes out with new products every year, as they have to keep up with
the new and improving technology of golf.
Any lack to produce new products would
greatly affect their income, and revenue.
A large part of Callaway’s product sales are
products that are two years old or newer.
10) Callaway has had a continuous increase in the income statement for the last three
11) The accounting firm that audited Callaway Golf is Deloitte & Touche, it is a LLP
12) Callaway Golf Company uses straight line depreciation method, and the inventory
method they use is FIFO.