PHYS2A Syllabus

PHYS2A Syllabus - J Charles Hicks DEPARTMENT OF PHYSICS...

Info iconThis preview shows pages 1–2. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
J Charles Hicks DEPARTMENT OF PHYSICS Fall 07 Physics 2A – Mechanics WEB: http://physics.ucsd.edu/students/courses/fall2007/manages/physics2aa/ INSTRUCTOR: Charles Hicks Office: TBA Email: [email protected] Office Hours: TBA COURSE COORDINATOR: Patti Hey 1138 Urey Hall Addition Phone: x21468 TEACHING ASSISTANT: Casey Conger Office: TBA Email: [email protected] Office Hours: TBA LECTURES: MW 11:00-11:50 AM WLH 2005 Tu 8:00-8:50 PM LEKKN Aud QUIZZES: F 11:00-11:50 PM WLH 2005 DISCUSSION SESSION: W 4:00-5:50 PM WLH 2005 Discussion sessions are informal classes intended for you to ask questions and receive answers about material covered in lectures. You are strongly encouraged to participate. FINAL EXAM: Wednesday, December 12, 3:00-5:50 PM GRADING: The quizzes will comprise 70% of your final score. The final will make up the remaining 30%. There will be a curve. Often the natural breaks in the distribution determine the final grade with a typical average being a B-. TEXT: “Physics for Scientists and Engineers” by Richard Wolfson and Jay M. Pasachoff, ISBN 0536-17017-7 HOMEWORK: Due to the number of students, the homework will not be graded. A list of suggested problems from each chapter will
Background image of page 1

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Image of page 2
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

{[ snackBarMessage ]}

Page1 / 4

PHYS2A Syllabus - J Charles Hicks DEPARTMENT OF PHYSICS...

This preview shows document pages 1 - 2. Sign up to view the full document.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Ask a homework question - tutors are online