Chem 130: Exam one Practice Test~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1) Which statement about the scientific method is TRUE?
A) The scientific method emphasizes reason as the way to understand the world. B) The scientific method emphasizes observation and reason as the way to understand the world. C) The scientific method emphasizes observation and experimentation as the way to understandthe world. D) The scientific method emphasizes scientific laws as the way to understand the world. E) All of the above statements are false.
2) Who discovered the atomic theory?
3) What is the definition of a scientific theory?
4) There are exactly 2.54 centimeters in 1 inch. When using this conversion factor, how many significant figures are you limited to?
5) The correct number of significant figures in the number 865,000 is:
A) 3 B) 6
E) none of the above