8. A five-year-old who has a Stanford-Binet IQ score of 116 is more intelligent than an eight-year-old who also scores 116.
9. The Wechsler Intelligence Scales for children (WISC-IV) provide scores in four major categories. True False
10. Psychologists now agree that the Progressive Matrices test is entirely free of cultural influence.
11. The Stanford-Binet is now considered the only test entirely free of cultural influence.
12. A psychologist needs to measure the intelligence of a person who has recently immigrated to the United States and who does not speak English. The psychologist should administer the Progressive Matrices test rather than the Stanford-Binet.
13. Psychologists have identified the cause of the Flynn effect. True False
14. If a test has poor reliability, it will also have poor validity.
15. The reliability of a test is defined as the repeatability of its scores.
16. On average, people with high IQ scores have fewer car accidents than people with low IQ scores.