Blood and Blood Counting

Blood and Blood Counting - Blood Counting and Blood Typing...

Info icon This preview shows pages 1–9. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Blood Counting and Blood Typing
Image of page 1

Info icon This preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
The Circulatory System Consists of the Heart, Blood Vessels, and the Blood that flows through them Blood Connective tissue– Brings raw materials and removes waste
Image of page 2
Blood- 3 Tasks 1. Transportation- Blood transports all substances needed by the body and removes all waste products of cellular metabolism
Image of page 3

Info icon This preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Blood- 3 Tasks 1. Transportation- Blood transports all substances needed by the body and removes all waste products of cellular metabolism 2. Regulation- Blood helps regulate body temperature, the volume of water in the body, and the pH of bodily fluids
Image of page 4
Blood Has 3 Tasks 1. Transportation- Blood transports all substances needed by the body and removes all waste products of cellular metabolism 2. Regulation- Blood helps regulate body temperature, the volume of water in the body, and the pH of bodily fluids 3. Defense- Blood contains specialized cells that help protect the body against illness and infections; it also has a clotting mechanism to prevent blood loss
Image of page 5

Info icon This preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Components of Blood Liquid Component- Blood Plasma; 55% of whole blood Cellular Component- RBC’s, WBC’s and platelets; 45% Plasma Cellular Component
Image of page 6
Liquid Component Plasma– ~90% water Remaining 10% comprised of: Inorganic salts: Na, K, Ca, etc. Osmotic balance, pH buffering and regulation of membrane permeability
Image of page 7

Info icon This preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Liquid Component Plasma– ~90% water Remaining 10% comprised of: Inorganic salts: Na, K, Ca, etc.
Image of page 8
Image of page 9
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

{[ snackBarMessage ]}

What students are saying

  • Left Quote Icon

    As a current student on this bumpy collegiate pathway, I stumbled upon Course Hero, where I can find study resources for nearly all my courses, get online help from tutors 24/7, and even share my old projects, papers, and lecture notes with other students.

    Student Picture

    Kiran Temple University Fox School of Business ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    I cannot even describe how much Course Hero helped me this summer. It’s truly become something I can always rely on and help me. In the end, I was not only able to survive summer classes, but I was able to thrive thanks to Course Hero.

    Student Picture

    Dana University of Pennsylvania ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    The ability to access any university’s resources through Course Hero proved invaluable in my case. I was behind on Tulane coursework and actually used UCLA’s materials to help me move forward and get everything together on time.

    Student Picture

    Jill Tulane University ‘16, Course Hero Intern