Psych 1603 Ch 9 - Physical & Cognitive...

Info iconThis preview shows pages 1–7. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Unformatted text preview: Physical & Cognitive Development: Physical & Cognitive Development: Middle Childhood Middle Childhood Chapter 9 Body Growth Body Growth the eye of the hurricane The calm between early childhood and adolescence Slow & consistent Grow approximately 2-3/year Gain approximately 5-7 lb/year Motor Skills & Exercise Motor Skills & Exercise Physical activity is essential! Increased myelination Sitting in school Exercise P.E. class Recess At home Exercise and Sports Exercise and Sports Benefits Competition Self-esteem Peer relations Physical health Draw-backs Distraction from academics Pressure to win Stress Injury Health & Obesity Health & Obesity Leading causes of death Risk factors for childhood obesity Obesity at age 6 25% chance of adult obesity Obesity at age 12 75% chance of adult obesity Major health concerns for obese children http://www.cdc.gov/diabetes/projects/cda2.htm Children with Disabilities...
View Full Document

Page1 / 16

Psych 1603 Ch 9 - Physical & Cognitive...

This preview shows document pages 1 - 7. Sign up to view the full document.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Ask a homework question - tutors are online