Unformatted text preview: 60 C. we then added about 150ml of distilled water to the beaker and began to filter it through the filter paper. After it was basically dry, we weighed it out and then put it into the desk to dry for next week. Discussion After reviewing the data gathered from the experiment we found that we should have produced about 13.04g of aspirin. After gathering the data from the next week we found that we actually produced 10.26g. This gave us a 78.68% yield. The most likely cause of this discrepancy was due to human error when we were filtering the solution the week before....
View Full Document
This lab report was uploaded on 04/18/2008 for the course CHY 123 taught by Professor Professor during the Fall '08 term at University of Maine Orono .
- Fall '08