Friday November 20
DURATION: 110 mins
University of Toronto
Department of Mathematics
MIDTERM EXAMINATION II
Linear Algebra I
EXAMINERS: T. Bazett, I. Biborski, N. Garcia-Fritz, S. Homayouni-Boroojeni, A. Kolpakov, H. Nuchi, S. Uppal
Last Name (PRINT):
Given Name(s) (PRINT):
1. There are
possible marks to be earned in this exam. The examination booklet contains a total of 11 pages. It is your
responsibility to ensure that
no pages are missing from your examination
. Do not detach any pages from your examination.
2. You may write in black ink, blue ink, or in pencil. Do not write in red ink, and ensure that your solutions are LEGIBLE.
3. No aids of any kind are permitted. CALCULATORS AND OTHER ELECTRONIC DEVICES (INCLUDING PHONES)
ARE NOT PERMITTED.
4. Have your student card ready for inspection.
5. There are no part marks for Multiple Choice (MC) questions.
6. For the full answer questions, write the solutions on the question pages themselves. You may use the two blank pages at
the end for rough work.
The last two pages of the examination WILL NOT BE MARKED unless you
otherwise on the question pages.
7. For the full answer questions, show all of your work and justify your answers
but do not include extraneous information.
8. Only solutions that are written in ink with no correction fluid or correction tape can be considered for re-grading.
FOR MARKER USE ONLY: