Chapter 03 - History and Geography: The Foundations of Culture7. The Monroe Doctrine was used to justify the U.S. annexation of Texas, Oregon, New Mexico, and California and, later, U.S. involvement in Cuba, Alaska, Hawaii, and the Philippines.
8. The Monroe Doctrine proclaimed abstention of the United States from European political affairs.
9. The Roosevelt Corollary paved way for non-American intervention in Latin American affairs. True False
10. The Roosevelt Corollary is typified by the dictum—whatever is good for the United Statesis justifiable.
11. Nowadays, geographical barriers within Europe, like the Alps, are seen as natural protection from potentially hostile neighbors.
12. Countries most affected from major natural calamities are among the poorest in the world.
13. The United States is now the world's top polluter. True False